The People's Badass


There I was, dawdling about on Facebook minding my own business. Totally ignorant to the mind blowing that was about to befall me. I see a link to a video with the Rock appearing on Monday Night Raw. Now, I haven't given two shits about wrestling for years, but I clicked anyways because it's The Rock.The People's Champion,The Brahma Bull, The Most Electrifying Man in Alllll of Sports Entertainment. Let's not forget this is the man who made the elbow drop, the most lame finishing move ever, entertaining.
As I watched this clip a truly Great Moment In Badass History unfolded before my unsuspecting eyes. As I said, I have not cared to pay attention to the WWE for years. So, I was not privy to what happened on the most legendary Valentines Day ever. An announcer comes out to introduce the surprise guest and the host of Wrestlemania.The lights go down. The music hits as the lights go up. The Rock is standing at the end of the walkway.
The Brahma Bull makes his way to the ring. Once, the mic is in his hands the magic happens.
In the span of about ten minutes every catch phrase we know and love flows from Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in a gleeful display of badassery announcing that he is returning to wrestling full time. If  that wasn't enough The Rock chooses John Cena as his first target. He compares Steve Austin's and his own catchphrases to John Cena's "You can't see me." then proceeds to mock the shit out of Cena.

THAT WAS BADASS.




No comments: